Influenza (Seasonal and H1N1)
- Seasonal Influenza
- Flu.gov - Multi-informational federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- What You Can Do To Prevent the Flu - Message from the NYS OASAS Office of Health, Wellness and Medical Direction
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene - New Yorkers can now find all influenza-related information - from surveillance data to information on schools and vaccination sites - in one place.
- Influenza Updates
- H1N1 Information for the Public
- New York State Department of Health (DOH) - DOH web page on Novel H1N1 influenza
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- H1N1 Information for Health Care Providers
- Addressing Viral Hepatitis in People With Substance Use Disorders - A Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP 53) from SAMHSA. Discusses screening, diagnosis, and referrals and explains how to evaluate a program's hepatitis practices.
- Blood to Blood - New Hepatitis C Booklet - This new booklet is aimed at increasing hepatitis C virus (HCV) awareness among young people between the ages of 13 and 24. Recent NYSDOH hepatitis surveillance data showed an increase of HCV among this age group. This booklet highlights HCV prevention information for tattooing, body piercing and injection drug use for teens.
- Expanding Capacity - NYSDOH Hepatitis C Care and Treatment Programs - The New York State Department of Health's AIDS Institute is funding of 13 programs to integrate hepatitis C care and treatment into primary care settings, including drug treatment programs and HIV primary care clinics.
- Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Screening Using Rapid Testing New York State Department of Health:
Implementation Guidelines for
Limited Testing Sites in New York State - The OraQuick HCV Rapid Test.
- The ABC's of Viral Hepatitis - Web page from NYS DOH with information on Hepatitis A,B and C
- Downloadable Order Form for Hepatitis Educational Materials - Brochures, posters, palm cards and more - over 30 free resources.
- Hepatitis C - Part of the Addiction Medicine Free Educational Series - This workbook contains detailed information about Hepatitis C (3 hours of CASAC and CPP credits available for this course).
- Hepatitis and Liver Cancer - OASAS FYI
- Hepatitis C - A Medical and Psychiatric Disorder - OASAS FYI
- Hepatitis C - Is it Curable? - OASAS FYI
- HCV Clinical Guidelines - NYS DOH
- HCV Care and Treatment Providers - Directory offered by the New York State Department of Health AIDS Institute. Posted 4/2013
- Hep C University - An educational website designed for providers seeking to learn the latest information on the treatment of Hepatitis C. Using this site, treatment providers receive expert mentoring through the innovative HCV Fellows Program offered free of charge. Sponsored by California Society of Addiction Medicine.
AIDS Institute's (AI) Voluntary HIV Provider Directory - This directory was created based on recommendations from the ‘Defining the HIV Specialist’ panel, and provides HIV-infected patients with valuable contact information for experienced providers throughout New York State. Providers are categorized by geographic region, and organized by adult, pediatric and adolescent patient populations.
New Form for Release of HIV Information - The form, DOH-5032, was created to facilitate sharing of substance use, mental health and HIV/AIDS information. DOH-5032 Technical Assistance Bulletin also available.
- HIV Testing Law 2010 - Change in state law requires health professionals to offer voluntary HIV tests to patients 13 to 64 years old. New law also simplifies informed consent process, allowing for verbal consent in some circumstances.
- Rapid HIV Testing in Substance Abuse Treatment Facilities - SAMHSA Advisory. Describes rapid HIV testing and reviews the benefits of its use in substance abuse treatment facilities.
- AIDSinfoAt-a-Glance Weekly update of highlights about what has happened in the world of HIV/AIDS treatment, prevention, and research. This update includes New Interim Guidance on Use of Medication to Prevent HIV Infection Among Heterosexually Active Adults, Correction to the Perinatal Guidelines and Fact Sheets - Need-to-Know Information on HIV and Its Treatment. For on going updates visit the AIDSinfo Home Page
- HIV Infection and HIV-Associated Behaviors Among Injecting Drug Users (CDC Report) - Despite a recent reduction in the number of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections attributed to injecting drug use in the United States, 9% of new U.S. HIV infections in 2009 occurred among injecting drug users.
- Webinar on Alcohol Use in HIV Patients - HIV Clinical Education Initiative (CEI) discusses some of the medical problems related to the use of alcohol and other drugs with an emphasis on conditions caused or exacerbated by alcohol. Accredited for 1 CASAC and/or 1 CME credit.
- NYSDOH AIDS Institute's HIV Clinical Guidelines Program - Guidance on the Use of Buprenorphine in HIV-Infected Patients, Quick Reference Card: Screening for Substance Use in HIV-Infected Patients, Substance Use and Dependence among HIV-Infected Adolescents and Young Adults.
- Revised Guidelines for Starting Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) - The Medical Care Criteria Committee of the NYS AIDS Inst., which develops clinical practice guidelines for the care and treatment of HIV-positive adults in New York State, has revised its guidelines in light of recent evidence from cohort study analyses that suggest better outcomes in patients starting therapy at CD4 counts higher than the currently recommended threshold of 350 cells/mm3.
- Quick Reference Card for Insomnia Screening and Treatment in HIV-Infected Patients - Assessment and identification of insomnia in HIV-infected patients to address the potentially negative effects of insomnia on health, including HIV disease progression.
- DOH AIDS Institute letter about novel H1N1 Influenza and HIV - The letter describes the importance of people with HIV getting vaccinated against seasonal flu and novel H1N1.
- Management of STIs in HIV-Infected Patients
- Preconception Care for HIV-Infected Women - Provides information about preconception care for clinicians caring for HIV-infected women of childbearing potential, regardless of the woman's pregnancy intentions.
- The National Network of STD/HIV Prevention Training Centers (NNPTC) - Provides health professionals with a spectrum of state-of-the-art educational opportunities including experiential learning with an emphasis on prevention.
- HIV and Aging FYI - Addresses issues of HIV infection and the aging process
- HTLV FYI - Summarization of current information on Human T- Lymphotropic Virus
Infection & Immunity
- Resources about Measles Information from the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYCDOHMH).
- NYCDOHMH Alert This is an alert regarding an outbreak of multiple cases of measles in Brooklyn. The alert outlines the diagnosis and reporting requirements.
MERSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus)
Tattoo Associated Skin Infections
- Tattoo Associated Skin Infections - Health risks that can result in the need for medical care