Provider Readiness & Training
- Behavioral Health Medicaid Managed Care Kick-Off Forums: OASAS in collaboration with: The State Office of Mental Health (OMH); Department of Health (DOH); and, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH) is pleased to announce a series of Behavioral Health Medicaid Managed Care Kick-Off Forums. To assist behavioral health providers with the transition to a managed behavioral health benefit, New York State has contracted for a Managed Care Technical Assistance Center (MCTAC). MCTAC will be led by NYU's McSilver Institute in partnership with the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse (CASA) at Columbia University. MCTAC will provide tools and trainings that will assist providers in improving business and clinical practices, as they transition to Medicaid managed care. The kick-off forums are the beginning of that effort. All New York State behavioral health providers serving adults and children are invited to register to attend and are encouraged to send administrative, fiscal, and clinical senior executive leadership representatives to attend one of the Kick-Off Forums to learn more about the upcoming changes in Medicaid managed care. These additional dates are located in the downstate region and the state is actively working to schedule additional forums for the rest of the state.
- OASAS in collaboration with: The State Office of Mental Health (OMH); and, the State Department of Health (DOH) is pleased to announce that three dates have been added to the Behavioral Health Medicaid Managed Care Kick - Off Forums . Pre-registration is required . These additional dates are for trainings located in: Binghamton, Buffalo, and, Syracuse. These dates are in addition to the previously posted October 6, 2014 Albany training date .
- Provider Readiness Recorded Webinar - On May 22 and May 29, 2014, OASAS General Counsel, Rob Kent, delivered a webinar on provider readiness for managed care, OASAS specific initiatives and the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP).
- Statewide Provider Readiness PowerPoint
- Managed Care Organization Directory - Directory for New York State by County and Alphabetically by Plan
Readiness Checklist for the Move to Managed Care
- Billing Software and/or Billing Vendor can submit clean claims to various
- Billing staff knows the managed care plans in the region and have current
commercial contracts or contacts within the managed care behavioral and physical
- Clinical staff is aware of medical necessity criteria and utilization review
- The program has identified how it will communicate to plans utilization
review, contract issues and billing.
- Clinical program staff have conducted a review on current service delivery
with a focus toward marketability:
- Are services provided medically necessary?
- What outcomes does the program currently have? How is the program working to
improve patient outcomes?
- Does the program focus on efficient use of resources? There will be a shift
in focus from volume driven payment in a fee-for-service environment to value
- How is the program preparing?
- Do you offer unique services, serve a difficult or unique population?
- Are you able to engage and retain patients?