Kingsboro ATC exists as part of a distinct neighborhood in Bedford Stuyvesant. The ATC functions as part of several community groups and has a long history with the Kingsboro Psychiatric Center as well as the Kings County Downstate Medical Complex. Kingsboro ATC has staff members representing the facility in the following organizations:
- Community Planning Board #3
- Patchen Avenue and Lexington Avenue Block Association
- 81st Precinct Community Council
- The National Association of Social Workers - NYC Chapter - Addictions Committee
- The National Association of New York City Addiction Programs (ANYCAP)
Kingsboro ATC is a member and participant in a number of other organizations, including the New York State Association of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Providers.