Managed Care and Treatment Services
New York State's Department of Health (DOH), Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) and Office of Mental Health (OMH) are working to implement fully managed Medicaid reimbursement for Substance Use Disorder and Behavioral Health Care.
Fully integrated treatment where behavioral and physical health are valued equally and patients' recovery goals are supported through a comprehensive and accessible service system.
The Medicaid Redesign Team Behavioral Health Sub-committee guiding principals for this transition are:
- person-centered care management;
- integration of physical and behavioral health services;
- recovery-oriented services;
- patient/consumer choice;
- protection of continuity of care;
- ensuring adequate and comprehensive networks;
- linking payment to outcomes;
- tracking physical and behavioral health spending separately;
- reinvesting savings to improve services for behavioral health populations; and
- addressing the unique needs of children, families and older adults.