Request for Qualifications
NYS released the Request for Qualifications for Behavioral Health Administration: Managed Care Organizations and Health and Recovery Plans. Applications for Managed Care Organizations serving New York City are due by June 6, 2014. RFQ applications for Managed Care Organizations serving the rest of the state will be due approximately six months later.
New York State's Department of Health (DOH), Office of Mental Health (OMH) and Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) are working to implement fully managed Medicaid reimbursement for Substance Use Disorder and Behavioral Health Care.
NEW DOH, OMH and OASAS have issued a Request for Information (RFI) regarding "New York's Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Behavioral Health Benefit Administration: Managed Care Organizations and Health and Recovery Plans." The RFI is designed to solicit input concerning New York's draft proposal to manage Medicaid substance use disorder and mental health benefits.
Fully integrated treatment where behavioral and physical health are valued equally and patients' recovery goals are supported through a comprehensive and accessible service system.
The Medicaid Redesign Team Behavioral Health Sub-committee guiding principals for this transition are:
- person-centered care management;
- integration of physical and behavioral health services;
- recovery-oriented services;
- patient/consumer choice;
- protection of continuity of care;
- ensuring adequate and comprehensive networks;
- linking payment to outcomes;
- tracking physical and behavioral health spending separately;
- reinvesting savings to improve services for behavioral health populations; and
- addressing the unique needs of children, families and older adults.