- 2013-2014 Flu Season Health Alert and What everone should know about the Seasonal Flu and Vaccine (posted 10/2/13)
- Hurricane Sandy Alerts and Updates posted 10/29/12
- Blood disorder from injecting OPANA ER® - Cases reported to the FDA (posted 10/18/12)
- Meningitis Outbreak in Five States - Tainted steroid injections used to treat back pain are the suspected source. (posted 10/4/12)
- Tattoo Associated Skin Infections - The FDA is particularly concerned about a family of bacteria called nontuberculous Mycobacteria (NTM) that has been found in a recent outbreak of illnesses linked to contaminated tattoo inks. (posted 10/1/12)
Governor Announces New Regulations to Crack Down on Synthetic Drugs - The New York State Department of Health (DOH) has issued new regulations that expand the existing list of prohibited drugs and chemicals to include dozens more substances that are now used to make synthetic drugs. (posted 8/7/12)
Rescue Breathing for Opioid Overdose - Mouth-to-mouth resuscitation is essential in responding to opioid overdoses (posted 5/12/11)
Archived Health & Emergency Alerts are available.