Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) Exam Study Resources
NYS OASAS is now administering CASAC and Prevention examinations in computer-based format only.
- Examination preparation materials may be obtained by visiting the International Certification and Reciprocity Consortium (IC&RC) website.
- The IC&RC developed a practice exam for the Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) examination. The practice exam was developed to mimic exactly IC&RC's Computer Based Testing platform and is available to any interested professional. The fee for the practice exam is $49.00 and may be accessed at: IC&RC Practice Exams.
- The IC&RC has developed a Candidate Guide to provide candidates with guidance for the IC&RC ADC examination process. The Candidate Guide provides background information on the examination development and administration process. It also contains exam content guidelines, sample questions, and examination reference lists.
- Technical Assistance Publication Series 21 - Addiction Counseling Competencies: The Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes of Professional Practice - This publication is available free-of-charge and may be ordered on-line from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration’s National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI).
- The OASAS Training Catalog includes training offered by OASAS and its Certified Education and Training Providers.