DSM 5 & ICD 10 Billing Codes Implementation
OASAS notification of DSM 5 documentation and electronic record changes. Implementation of ICD-10 billing codes and related information available.
New York State of Health Webcast
OASAS is pleased to offer a webcast for OASAS providers to learn more about NY State of Health, the Official Health Plan Marketplace, which opened on October 1st.
The OASAS Clinical Guidance document was developed collaboratively with input from the Administrative Relief Group, Clinical Advisory Panel and many other individual providers as a resource to support quality clinical practice.
The Power of Parenting Brochures
Three printable, easy to read, trifold brochures with practical information and resources for parents and those who work with families.
DWI resources includes a search feature to find OASAS-approved DWI screening and assessment providers.
The provision of treatment services in New York State is accomplished by a network of OASAS certified providers forming the nation’s largest and most diverse addiction treatment system. Through the identification and promotion of evidence-based standards, regulations, and practices, the OASAS Bureau of Treatment seeks to:
- provide clinical practice guidance for OASAS Licensed Providers;
- identify practical clinical models for implementation by providers;
- improve treatment outcomes;
- increase public awareness of and expand patient access to addiction medications as an adjunct to chemical dependency treatment when appropriate;
- develop strategies to reduce the medical consequence of addictive disease;
- enhance public awareness of problem and pathological gambling; identify new strategies for and improve access to treatment;
- improve the long-term outcome of chemical dependency treatment through the development of a recovery support services system;
- promote the continued development of vocational services for patients;
- increase access to clinically appropriate supportive housing services for patients;
- demonstrate an efficient and effective integration of crisis services and treatment, and develop a model based upon evidence based practice; and
- increase public awareness and educate treatment providers regarding the potential threat to our public health and safety posed by the use and manufacture of methamphetamine.